HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Screen timeout issueSolved

Participant
Discussion
1 week ago

Hey everyone! My Android device is enrolled in Hexnode. I’ve been trying to change my screen timeout to a longer time, but every time I try to change it, it keeps resetting to 1 minute. Any idea why this is happening?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
1 week ago

Hi @clauss,

When the Screen Timeout option under Policies > Android > Basic > Restrictions is configured, the configured value stays fixed, and the user cannot change it from the device. In your case, the admin must have configured the duration to 1 minute, which is why the screen timeout keeps resetting to that duration.

Please let us know if this resolves your question or if you need any more assistance.

Best regards,
Gwen Michelle
Hexnode UEM

Participant
7 days ago

Hey, I’m managing my company’s Android devices using Hexnode UEM, and I’ve run into an issue while configuring the screen timeout. The timeout duration that I set in the deployed policy is not taking effect on the device. How can I fix this?

Hexnode Expert
6 days ago

Hi @emersyn ,

Can you check if the Auto-lock after option under Policies > Android > Password has been configured along with the Screen Timeout restriction? If so, the device behavior may vary.

1. If the Auto-lock after value is the same as or greater than the Screen Timeout value, the effective screen timeout will follow the Screen Timeout setting.
  2. If the Auto-lock after value is less than the Screen Timeout, the screen timeout options greater than the auto-lock duration will be disabled on the device. As a result, the screen timeout set from the Hexnode UEM portal may not be effective. In this case, the setting with the shorter duration will take precedence as the screen timeout value.

Please let us know if this resolves your question or if you need any more assistance.

Best regards,
Gwen Michelle
Hexnode UEM