HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Samsung One UISolved

Participant
Discussion
1 month ago

Since the latest Android 14 update we are havign issues with Tablets in Kiosk mode where certain functions are not available, for example clicking a PDF gives no options on the launcher.

If you take the tablet out of Kiosk the Samsung One UI 6.0 update screen is sat waiting for you to press next, next next etc, once you have done this everything works and all apps in the launcher work fine.

We have also noticed it seems to stop out policies from fully applying untilyou run through the above.

OneUI and all other UI\Launcher type apps I can find are in the background apps and I’ve applied what permissions\configurations I can find but it’s not fixed it.

Any idea what we can do to sort this as we have too many tablets to go round manually taking them out of kiosk to fix.

Thanks

Replies (7)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
9 hours ago

Hello @cforster ,

Before our team can check the case further, can you please check if the following packages have been added as background apps:  

• com.sec.android.app.SecSetupWizard 

• com.sec.android.app.SecSetupWizard.fota.SwUpdateIntroActivity 

• com.android.updater 

• com.sec.android.soagent 

• com.wssyncmldm 

• com.sec.android.app.setupwizard 

• com.android.setupwizard.overlay 

Best regards,  
Chloe Edison 
Hexnode UEM 

Participant
3 days ago

After applying I had one tablet go through fine which is a Samsung A9+, however one I am currently remoted onto which is a Samsung A8 is still having issues, the OneUI screen did pop up but then gave me the access denied message and hasnt reappeared since. I checked the devices blocked apps but nothing is showing.

Hexnode Expert
6 days ago

Hello @willem ,

Our team will require a few extra details to look into the case further. The support team will be reaching out to you soon for the same.  
Please feel free to write to us in case of any doubts or concerns. 

Best regards,  
Chloe Edison 
Hexnode UEM

Participant
1 week ago

@chloe_edison Hi, I already included these two. The problem is that is the the new background apps are not set because the policy does not seem to be updating on the devices

Hexnode Expert
1 week ago

Hello @willem, welcome to Hexnode Connect!

We apologize for the delay.
Can you please add the following packages as background apps and give it a try:

• com.sec.android.app.SecSetupWizard
  • com.sec.android.app.SecSetupWizard.fota.SwUpdateIntroActivity

Do let us know if the issue still persists.

Best regards,
Chloe Edison
Hexnode UEM

Participant
1 week ago

Hi,

Is there any new regarding this issue? We need to push an update of an app but our devices are not able to update.

Hexnode Expert
1 month ago

Hello @cforster, welcome to Hexnode Connect!

We’ve raised the issue, and our team is currently looking into it. We will get back to you as soon as there’s an update.

Best regards,
Chloe Edison
Hexnode UEM