HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Remote session issue on Android devicesSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 months ago

Hey, I’m experiencing an issue with my remote view feature on Android devices. It shows Another remote view session is running currently on your portal. error message on the Hexnode UEM portal.
I’m not sure how to resolve this. Has anyone else faced this issue? 

Replies (4)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 months ago

Hi @aaron , I’ve encountered a similar problem before. It usually happens when another user with an admin role has initiated a remote view on the same device. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet? 

Participant
3 months ago

I haven’t done much yet. What steps do you recommend? 

Participant
3 months ago

For me, resolving the issue involved force stopping the app and then restarting it. 

Hexnode Expert
3 months ago

Hello @aaron  and @nancy !

The issue can occur not only if another user with an admin role has started a remote view on the same device, as @nancy mentioned, but also if an old instance of remote view is still active on the UEM server. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Stop and restart the remote viewing session.
  2. Ensure no other user is attempting remote view on the same device or any device parallelly.
  3. Grant permission to record screen on the endpoint device.
  4. Ensure the remote viewing app is functioning properly on Android. If it appears stuck, long-press the app icon to enter app info and force stop the app. You might need to re-open the app to activate its processes.
  5. If the above steps do not work, log out from the portal and retry after logging in.

If you still continue to face issues after trying these steps, please let us know.

Best regards,
Ben Clarke
Hexnode UEM