HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Rapid Security Response and Removal ProcessSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 months ago

Hey everyone, I recently updated my iPhone and noticed the alphabetical letter at the end of the version number. I’m curious about Apple’s new Rapid Security Response feature associated with this update. Could anyone explain what this feature involves and how it enhances security on Apple devices?  

Replies (4)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

Hello @yuudai Thanks for reaching out! 

It is a new feature designed to quickly address critical security vulnerabilities in Apple devices. Apple can now push out security patches without needing to wait for a full software update. This is especially useful for fixing vulnerabilities that are actively being exploited. With Hexnode, you can configure this option by navigating to Policy > New Policy > macOS > Software Update Preferences. You will find the optionInstall Rapid Security Responses. You can choose to enable it from the drop-down menu. Reach out to us if you have any further queries.

Participant
2 months ago

What if I don’t want Rapid Security Response on my device? Is there a way for me to choose to remove it?? 

Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

@yuudai Absolutely, you can select Disable from the drop-down menu for the Install Rapid Security Responses option. Disabling this option will restrict users from editing the setting on the device end as well. 

Participant
2 months ago

Got it, thanks for the clear explanation!