HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Phone app issue in Android kioskSolved

Participant
Discussion
4 weeks ago

Hello,
I am experiencing an issue with the Phone app on my Android kiosk. The kiosk policy has been configured using Hexnode UEM’s multi-app kiosk mode. When a call becomes active, the UI does not display, and the green screen indicating an active call does not appear. However, I can still hang up or hold calls through the notification panel. Can anyone assist with resolving this issue? 

Replies (5)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 weeks ago

Once you have added these packages, the Phone app UI should function correctly, and you’ll be able to see the active call screen as expected. If you encounter any further issues or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Best regards
Ben Clarke
Hexnode UEM

Participant
4 weeks ago

Great, thank you for the information. I’ll add these packages to the kiosk policy. Is there anything else I need to consider? 

Hexnode Expert
4 weeks ago

To resolve this, you’ll need to include all the app packages associated with the Phone app in your kiosk policy. Here is a list of the packages you should add:

• com.samsung.android.incallui
  • com.android.incallui
  • com.google.android.dialer
  • com.samsung.android.dialer
  • com.android.dialer
  • com.android.phone
  • com.sec.phone
  • com.android.providers.telephony
  • com.google.android.telephony
  • com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui
  • com.samsung.android.callbgprovider
Participant
4 weeks ago

I see. What steps should I take to fix this issue?  

Hexnode Expert
4 weeks ago

Hey @damaris

The problem likely occurs because the application packages needed for the Phone app interface are not included in your Android kiosk policy. Without these packages, the complete Phone app UI cannot be displayed, restricting call controls to the notification pane.