HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Outlook app configurationSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 months ago

Hey there,
I’m trying to configure the Microsoft Outlook app for iOS devices using the Hexnode portal. Can you help me out with the steps?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

Hi @Nancy,

Yes, we do have a sample XML file that you can use as a reference. Here’s an example:

In this file, you’ll need to replace the example values with the actual values for your organization. For example, you’ll need to specify the email address, server hostname, and authentication settings that you want to use.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Eden Pierce
Hexnode UEM

Participant
2 months ago

Thanks for the steps! Do you have a sample XML file that I can use as a reference?

Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

Hi @Nancy,

Sure, I’d be happy to help! Here are the steps to configure the Microsoft Outlook app for iOS devices:

• To begin, verify that the Microsoft Outlook app is already added in your Hexnode app inventory. If it is not, make sure to add it first before proceeding with the next steps.
  • Then, navigate to the Apps tab of the Hexnode portal.
  • Search for the Microsoft Outlook app in the inventory and click on it.
  • Click on the settings (gear) icon on the top right of the app details box. Then, select the App Configuration option.
  • Check the App Update Configuration box and upload the XML file that contains all the pre-defined settings for the Outlook app.
  • Click Save to apply the configuration to the app.

Once you’ve applied the configuration to the app, you’ll need to distribute the app to the target iOS devices. The devices will then automatically download and install the app, and the configured settings will be applied when the app is launched.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Eden Pierce
Hexnode UEM