HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Notify when an MDM profile is removed from the deviceSolved

Participant
Discussion
5 months ago

Hello all,

We sometimes hire teams on a contract basis, which means that many devices are coming in and going out of the organization for specific scheduled periods for projects. We typically enroll these devices during these periods, but users often remove the MDM profiles before their contracts end. We also frequently forget to disenroll these devices even after they leave the organization, causing them to accumulate. When we reach the maximum device limit, it becomes difficult to find each device’s summary page and check for devices that have had their MDM profiles removed to disenroll them. Can I identify these devices at once so I can disenroll them simultaneously?

Replies (1)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
3 months ago
Marked SolutionPending Review

Hello @rebecca ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand your situation and can suggest a way to list the devices from which MDM profiles/apps have been removed.

You can configure a compliance criterion through Hexnode to identify devices where the MDM profile/app has been removed. To do this, log in to the Hexnode console and navigate to Admin > General > Compliance Settings. Here, you will find a list of options to set as requirements for a device to be compliant. Hexnode UEM flags a device as non-compliant if it fails any of the selected criteria.

In your case, you can select the option “MDM app/profile is removed from device.” Whenever an MDM profile is removed from a device, Hexnode will flag those devices as non-compliant with an error logo. This will make it easy for you to identify and group these devices to disenroll them at once.

If you want to learn more about how compliance works, please refer to our Compliance Settings help documentation.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries.

Regards,
George
Hexnode UEM