HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Managing Apps in the Work ProfileSolved

Participant
Discussion
14 hours ago

Hey everyone! Quick question! 

What system apps are typically allowed by default in a work profile? I’m trying to figure out what I can use for work without any hassle. Anyone know the answer? Would appreciate any help!  

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
14 hours ago

@aurora Oh, I got you! So, when you create a work profile on a Samsung device, the default system apps that are enabled include My Files, Contacts, and Google Play Store. Hope that helps!

Participant
14 hours ago

I was also wondering, how to add more apps to my work profile on my device??

Hexnode Expert
14 hours ago

Hi @Aurora You can easily enable additional apps in your work profile through Hexnode, you can follow these steps: 

First, log in to your Hexnode portal. Next, navigate to the Policies section. From there, you can either select an existing policy or create a new one by clicking on New Policy. Once you’re in the policy settings, head to Android > App Management > Required Apps, and then click on Configure. After that, click on +Add and select Add App or Add Group. You can now choose the desired apps. Finally, save and apply the policy to the target devices. This will allow you to add the apps you need for your work profile. You can also deploy applications via App Catalog and various other methods depending on your requirement. For more details, feel free to check out our help documentation on installing apps on Android devices! 

Regards, 

Hazel Smith 

Hexnode UEM