HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Login window message on MacSolved

Participant
Discussion
1 month ago

Hi,

I am trying to create a configuration profile to set up a lock screen message on macOS devices under my management using Deploy Custom Configuration policy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 weeks ago

Hello @henrietta,

It looks like @Aaron has already provided you with the information you were looking for. As for the sample configuration profile, you can use the one provided below, which has been tested and confirmed to work:

In addition, you can also set the lock screen message using the Login Windows Preferences feature in the Hexnode UEM portal. Here’s how:

1. Log in to your Hexnode UEM portal.
  2. Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy. You can also choose to continue with an existing policy.
  3. From macOS > Security, choose Login Window Preferences.
  4. Click on Configure.
  5. Among setting other preferences, provide a suitable text to be displayed on the login window in the “Show text to display in the Login Window” field.
  6. Navigate to Policy Targets > +Add Devices.
  7. Choose the target devices and click Ok.
  8. Click Save.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Eden Pierce
Hexnode UEM

Participant
1 month ago

Thank you, much appreciated. It would be really helpful if you could provide me with a sample configuration profile.

Participant
1 month ago

Hello there,

You can set up a login message by using the LoginwindowText key and adding the message you want to display. Here’s an example: