iPadOS CustomizationSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 months ago

Hello Experts, Just curious why only iOS exists from a policy standpoint?  If Apple had the need to develop what is a separate platform version for iPads (with iPadOS) then it would seem that there are enough unique elements to warrant a similar approach on the MDM side.  Are iOS and iPadOS that similar to the effect of not needing more than just the singular “iOS” from a policy segmentation perspective within Hexnode?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much all!

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
3 months ago

Hello @drew9877 ,

You make a valid point. However, from an MDM perspective, the management capabilities and properties of iOS and iPadOS are very similar, which is why we have adopted a singular policy approach. 

That said, as you mentioned, we will discuss your suggestion with our team and assess the feasibility of setting up separate policies for each platform. 

Best regards,  
Chloe Edison 
Hexnode UEM 

Participant
3 months ago

Thank you. I feel it would make sense to do and have iOS + iPadOS separated on the Hexnode policy side. I was talking with one of my colleagues and he indicated needing different configuration settings across other MDM solutions just due to the screen size differences between iPhones and iPads alone.

Hexnode Expert
3 months ago

Hello @drew9877 ,

Yes, we’ll definitely take it up with the team and keep you updated. Please keep the suggestions coming, we truly appreciate them!

Best regards, 
Chloe Edison
Hexnode UEM