HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

“In progress” status after pushing APN policySolved

Participant
Discussion
2 months ago

Hey guys, 

I tried to configure the APN (AE-DO) policy on an Android device through the Hexnode portal. However, even after waiting for a while, the policy still shows as “In progress” in the Action History. 

Replies (4)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

Hello @bram

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with the APN configuration on your Android device. Could you please confirm if you’re using mobile data? If yes, are you able to access the internet on the device you’ve pushed the APN policy to? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Cheers,   
Eden Pierce   
Hexnode UEM 

Participant
2 months ago

Yeah, I was using mobile data on my device, and now it seems like I can’t even use the internet. What is happening? I tried disenrolling, but it’s also in a state of ‘In progress’. 

Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

Hello @bram

It appears that the APN settings you’ve configured might be incorrect. When an incorrect APN configuration is deployed to an Android device, it can disrupt mobile data connectivity, thereby terminating the connection between the device and the Hexnode UEM server. 

I suggest connecting your device to a Wi-Fi network. This should re-establish the connection between your device and the Hexnode UEM server. Once connected, you can disassociate the policy from the device via the Hexnode UEM portal. This will remove the APN settings from your device and resolve the issue. 

Please ensure that all APN settings are configured correctly before pushing the policy again. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Cheers, 
Eden Pierce, 
Hexnode UEM  

Participant
2 months ago

Thanks a lot! It turns out there was a misspelling in the APN name when I configured the policy. After correcting it, the policy now works fine.