How to get Beta OS updates on iOS devices?Solved

Participant
Discussion
4 weeks ago

Hey y’all! 

Apple just rolled out their latest OS version for iPhones. I’ve noticed a few phones in the market are getting the Beta update for the new iOS. Why aren’t our devices getting these beta updates? Does Hexnode put any restrictions on enrolled devices? I checked and no related policies were set up and pushed to the device either. What’s going wrong, or am I missing something? 

Replies (1)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 weeks ago
Marked SolutionPending Review

Hello @henrietta ,

To receive beta updates for your Apple devices, you must have an Apple ID that is part of the Apple Beta Software Program. This program allows you to enroll your devices to try out beta versions of upcoming OS releases and gather feedback from users for further improvements.

Hexnode does not restrict beta updates. However, make sure to enable the Install configuration profile option in iOS Advanced Restrictions. This setting allows users to install profiles from emails or websites, and it also enables downloading the profile necessary for enrolling the device in the iOS Beta Software Program.

To get the latest beta updates for your Apple devices, you need to either enroll your Apple ID in the Apple Developer Program and create an Apple Developer account or create an AppleSeed Account for organizations. You can find more details about the AppleSeed account for IT in the following link: AppleSeed for IT.

Once you log in to your Apple devices with your AppleSeed account, they will be eligible to receive beta updates.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
George
Hexnode UEM