HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

How to Allow Pop-ups on iPadOS devices?Solved

Participant
Discussion
4 weeks ago

We recently discovered that the Block Pop-up setting in iPadOS under Settings > Safari is enabled by default. Allowing these pop-ups in Safari is crucial for organizations to ensure seamless access to essential tools and features that may otherwise be blocked, such as authentication prompts and online forms. Is there any way we can disable that setting so that Safari doesn’t block pop-ups?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 weeks ago

Hello @cullen ,
Thanks for reaching out. Hexnode provides a restriction option to prevent users from modifying certain settings, including the ability to block pop-ups. You can follow these steps to configure the restriction:

1. Login to your Hexnode UEM portal.
  2. Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name.
  3. Go to iOS > Restrictions. In the restrictions uncheck the option Block pop-ups. Note that you must first enable the Safari option to modify the pop-up option.

For more information, please refer to How to set up iOS MDM Restrictions? documentation.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact us if you need any further clarification.

Regards,
John Cooper,
Hexnode UEM

Participant
4 weeks ago

Thanks for the info. However, it seems we cannot enforce this setting to make it unmodifiable for the user. Is there any workaround for this?

Participant
4 weeks ago

Hello @cullen , I’ve run into the same issue before. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there’s no way to prevent users from modifying the Block Pop-ups setting. Even with configuration profiles, we cannot disable the settings and make it unmodifiable. You could give this configuration profile a try:

You can set the value of the safariAllowPopups key to false to make the option available for the user to disable the Block Pop-ups setting.