HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Hide share button for web apps opened via Hexnode BrowserSolved

Participant
Discussion
1 week ago

Hi, I must prevent my clients from sharing data through web apps. Is it possible to hide the share button for web apps opened via the Hexnode browser?

Replies (4)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
1 week ago

Hi @Pauel , I think disabling the browser’s toolbar will help remove the share button. But we cannot use other tools available when we disable it which is too difficult. I do not think there is any feature specific to this. 

Hexnode Expert
1 week ago

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. You can restrict data sharing through web apps by disabling the Share via other apps option under Policies > Android > Restrictions > Advanced > Allow Device Functionality. Once this restriction is configured, the share button will remain visible, but the applications used for sharing will be concealed, preventing data sharing. Please note that this restriction is specific to Knox devices and will not apply to other Android devices. For a comprehensive guide on configuring the policy, please refer to our help document on Android device restrictions.  

Best Regards,
Elowen Quinn
Hexnode UEM 

Participant
7 days ago

What about other Android users? Will they be able to prevent others from sharing data from their devices? 

Hexnode Expert
7 days ago

Unfortunately, Hexnode UEM does not offer the feature to hide the share button on Android devices that are not Knox-enabled. If you need any clarification, please feel free to reach out to us. 

Best Regards,
Elowen Quinn
Hexnode UEM