HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Hexnode Assist app installation statusSolved

Participant
Discussion
1 month ago

Hey all!

I know IT admins have to make sure the Hexnode Assist app is set up during the initial device configuration before deploying them to our employees. But we’ve suddenly run into a situation where we need to take control of these devices. I was checking different platforms, and all of them show the installation status of the Hexnode Assist app—except for iOS and Android.

Yeah, I know when I say “all,” I’m comparing them to macOS and Windows, where that information is usually visible under the device summary page under the Enrollment details section. For iOS devices, the remote view starts directly from the Hexnode UEM app if it’s installed, so no issues there. But how can we check for Android if the Hexnode Assist app is installed on the device? Anyone have any clues?

Replies (1)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
1 month ago
Marked SolutionPending Review

Hello @mees ,

This might be random, but I also noticed this issue for the first time. We usually set up the Hexnode Remote View app (for Samsung Knox) or the Hexnode Assist app (for other Android devices) during the initial setup. Perhaps, like in your case, I thought I might have missed it. When I checked back, I couldn’t find any clues indicating the presence of the app. This page typically appears when the device does not have the app installed.

I was also a bit confused about how to resolve this issue. I guess my random instincts kicked in, and I clicked on the Start Session button under the remote view panel. Then I noticed a prompt indicating the app’s presence. I guess this might be a possible way to check.

Additionally, I found another way: on the device details page, go to the Applications tab and search for Hexnode Assist—there it was.

These are just my observations from exploring the issue. Let me know if this resolves your problem.

Happy testing, folks!