HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Device recommendation for harsh environmentsSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 months ago

Hello guys,

Our company has recently acquired a mining corporation in the western region. Additionally, we have a glass manufacturing plant as a subsidiary under this alliance. We are looking to expand our business into different markets. Hexnode has been with us for the past year, significantly reducing the load on our administrative department.

With this expansion, our admin team has a request. Due to the harsh environment in which we will need to operate, we would appreciate any suggestions on what devices would be best suited for these conditions.

Thank you for your support.

Replies (5)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
1 month ago

Hello @gnishilda,

I see you are looking for devices that can withstand harsh environments. Let me introduce you to rugged devices.

Rugged devices are industry-grade tools equipped with all the functionalities of consumer devices, plus the added advantage of enduring extreme conditions. These devices will be a perfect match in your scenario.

If rugged devices are added to an organization, they form a strong and efficient device inventory. Rugged devices have the following benefits:

• Durability in harsh conditions
  • Extended battery life
  • High performance processing
  • Greater longevity
  • Enhanced display
  • Advanced hardware level Integration
  • Multi-touch functionality
  • Usability enhancements

And the list goes on. Based on your situation I can suggest you go for rugged devices for your new business expansion.

I hope this information helped.

Participant
1 month ago

Hello @famk_e
Thank you so much! That’s some deep insight you provided about choosing rugged devices. However, with Hexnode, will there be any changes we need to make to manage these rugged devices?

Hexnode Expert
1 month ago

Hey @gnishilda , thanks for reaching out to us.

Hey @famk_e , those are some wonderful insights, thanks for contributing to Hexnode Connect.

Circling back to @gnishilda , I understand your concern regarding adapting a new management style for rugged devices. The answer is no.

When it comes to software, rugged devices are like any other Android devices and support all types of Android enrollment methods provided by Hexnode. That said, this specific management option simplifies rugged device management:

• OEMConfig
    With OEMConfig, enterprises can develop their own management strategies and implement them by integrating the APIs offered by device manufacturers into their UEM.

To know more about Android device management please feel free to contact our support team.

https://www.hexnode.com/contact-us/

(OR)
Contact the Hexnode Support team.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to share your thoughts, and if any further assistance is required, we’re happy to help.

Regards,
George
Hexnode UEM

Participant
1 month ago

Hello George,

It’s me again. We’ve decided to purchase rugged devices for our new corporations, as per your suggestion. But we’re having trouble deciding which company’s mobile phones to choose. Could you provide any information on which rugged device brands Hexnode supports through the options you’ve suggested?

Thanks in advance for the help, buddy.

Hexnode Expert
1 month ago

Hello @gnishilda,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m glad that the information I provided was helpful.

I understand your situation with choosing OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) that produce rugged mobile devices and are supported by Hexnode.

There are a lot of companies currently manufacturing rugged devices in the market. Some of the companies offering rugged devices include Zebra Technologies, Datalogic, Getac, Honeywell International, Panasonic, Kyocera, Sonim, Bullitt, Urovo, Bluebird, Spectralink, Armel, Dell, Lenovo, and Samsung.

Hexnode supports OEMConfig for a wide range of devices. Based on your preferences, choose the devices that best suit your needs and manage them with ease. The following links will redirect you to our help repository, guiding you on how to configure OEM settings for different mobile devices:

I hope this clarifies your concerns about choosing devices for use in harsh environments. I also recommend referring to the following blogs and articles by Hexnode to gain a deeper understanding of rugged devices:

If you need any further assistance or require clarification on anything, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
George
Hexnode UEM