HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Clearing cache for an Android app ?Solved

Participant
Discussion
4 weeks ago

Hi community,
We have some Android tablets in single-app kiosk mode, and from time to time I need to manually exit kiosk mode and do a clear cache / clear data for this app in order to keep it running without it eventually going into a hang (obviously the app has a bug, but the developer is not available, long story..).

Is there a way to schedule a clear-data (or clear cache) for this app ?  Or make this app’s settings available from the kiosk screen so that the 1st line can do the clear cache without having to exit kiosk?

Replies (2)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 weeks ago

Hello @ahovzz , welcome to Hexnode Connect!

Currently, there is no way to schedule the clearing of app data or to do it from the device end without exiting kiosk mode. However, could you give the Clear App Data action a try to remotely clear the necessary app data without having to exit the kiosk mode?  

Please feel free to reach out in case of any further questions or concerns. 

We will run your suggestion by our development team to schedule the action.

Best regards,
Chloe Edison
Hexnode UEM 

Participant
4 weeks ago

Hi Cloe, thanks for the tip. Our tablets are unfortunately not enrolled as Android Enterprise devices, so I can’t see any ‘Clear App Data’ in the Actions menu.

But as a test I enrolled one tablet as Android Enterprise device and THEN I 
CAN SEE THE ‘Clear App Data’   🙂 

When I select the action ‘Clear App Data’ for this device I get a list of the apps on
the device and I can tick off the one that I want to clear the data from, cool !!
Thanks !