‘Clear apps from background when user leaves the app’ option not workingSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 months ago

Hello, 

I want a functionality where, in kiosk mode, if the user exits the app, the app should be killed off and reopening it should start the app from the beginning. I actually found a similar option in Hexnode called ‘Clear apps from background when user leaves the app’, but when I tried it, it didn’t seem to work. When I exited the app and checked the recent apps tab, it still showed the app there. When I selected it, the app opened where I left off. Is that not how it works, or am I missing something? 

Replies (1)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
3 months ago
Marked SolutionPending Review

Hey @desmond

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. When the ‘Clear apps from background when user leaves the app‘ option is enabled, the app will be killed when it is exited or minimized, ensuring that it starts afresh when the user relaunches it from the kiosk launcher. 

However, it seems that you have tried accessing the app from the recent apps tab. Opening the app from the recent apps tab or the notification bar will not open it as a new instance. You need to open the app from the kiosk launcher itself. 

For example, if you open the Messages app and start writing a message, then exit the app midway, accessing the app from the recent apps tab or any Messages app notification in the status bar will resume the app where you left off. However, when you reopen the app from the kiosk launcher, it will launch the Messages app from the inbox. 

I hope this clarifies the functionality. Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions. 

Cheers, 
Eden Pierce 
Hexnode UEM