HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Blocking apps with respect to location.Solved

Participant
Discussion
4 days ago

Hi everyone, I manage a fleet of devices for my employees. Recently, I found that many of them are altering their timesheets when they are not at work. So, to tackle this, I am thinking of implementing the time tracking app to be installed when they are inside the office and uninstalled when they are outside the office. Also, I want the devices to be automatically grouped and managed efficiently since different departments have different access levels and policies.  Has anyone imposed something like this?  

Replies (2)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
2 days ago

Hello @ronnie , Welcome to Hexnode Connect!

Thanks for reaching out, your concern can be resolved by incorporating Hexnode’s Dynamic Group and Geofencing features.

Hexnode’s Dynamic Device Group provides various conditions and exception filters based on which devices can be grouped. In this case, you can use the Geofences/Location filters, along with the Required Apps policy to have the time-tracking app installed when the device is inside the configured geofence (office premises) and uninstalled when outside.

After creating a dynamic device group, create a policy with the required app and add the dynamic group created as policy target.

To create the Required Apps policy:

1. Go to Policies > New Policy.
  2. Add the Policy Name and Description.
  3. Go to App Management > Required Apps.
  4. Select the option Remove apps from the device on policy removal option.
  5. Choose the required apps from +Add.
  6. Go to Policy Targets > Device Groups > +Add Device Groups and select the previously created dynamic group.
  7. Click on the Save button.

Best Regards,
Isabel Lora
Hexnode UEM

Participant
1 day ago

I too had a similar situation and Hexnode’s geofencing feature provided great assistance. We have applied policies to disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth along with geofencing that enhanced security.