HexCon is coming to NYC. Grab your tickets before they sell out! REGISTER NOW

Apple IntelligenceSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 weeks ago

Okay, I gotta ask – why is everyone so hyped about Apple Intelligence? Sure, automating emails and making emojis is neat, but where’s the ‘Wow, this is the future!’ moment? 🤔

So, here’s the real question: with Apple Intelligence, can I finally tell Siri to, like, ‘Call me an Uber to X location,’ or ‘Order my favorite pizza from Y app,’ or something actually useful in third-party apps?

Replies (7)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
2 weeks ago

Apple Intelligence is a big deal, @amelia ! It’s like giving Siri a major brain boost. Think of it as Siri leveling up – handling more complex tasks, understanding what you mean better, and doing it all faster. So yeah, things like ordering an Uber or getting your usual pizza might just be possible soon, depending on how third-party apps jump on board.

And the fun doesn’t stop there! You can now create your own emojis with Genmoji feature, and the Photos app got some sweet upgrades. Got a photobomber ruining your shot? No problem, just erase them away with the Clean Up feature. Plus, you can create epic memory movies with a storyline, all set to your favorite tunes from Apple Music.

There is more! Your Mail app just leveled up too. You can prioritize emails based on what’s inside, summarize them without even opening them, you can rewrite the content based on tone, check grammar, improve sentence structure, and pick the best words. In a nutshell Apple Intelligence is like having a supercharged assistant in your pocket!

Participant
2 weeks ago

Okay, that’s cool. But what about privacy? How does Apple make sure my data doesn’t end up somewhere sketchy?

Participant
2 weeks ago

Great question! Apple is still all about that privacy. Most of the data processing happens on-device. For more complex tasks, data is sent to Apple’s Private Cloud Compute servers, where analysis is performed on Apple silicon servers. These servers are private and do not retain data.

Participant
2 weeks ago

So, to sum it up, Apple devices are getting smarter, we’ve got these new creative tools, and Apple’s keeping our data locked down. Sounds like Apple Intelligence is going to be a game-changer. Now I’m curious- when’s this rolling out, and who’s getting it first?

Participant
2 weeks ago

Apple Intelligence will debut with iOS 18, iPadOS 18, and macOS Sequoia. If you’ve got the iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, or any of the newer iPads and Macs with an M1 chip or later, you’re good to go. The features are rolling out in the U.S. first, with other regions following. However, there will be delays in the EU and China due to regulatory issues.

Participant
1 week ago

Got it. So, for users with older devices, the Apple Intelligence features won’t be available. That makes sense. I’m excited to see how these new AI capabilities will enhance our daily tasks while maintaining strong privacy standards.

Participant
1 week ago

Absolutely. It’s a promising step forward in AI on Apple devices, especially with the focus on user privacy. It’ll be interesting to see how the rollout goes and how well these features perform in real-world scenarios.