HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Android devices showing incorrect date and time after rebootSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 months ago

Hello there,

I’m having an issue with some of my Android devices showing the wrong date and time after they reboot. This is causing problems with device check-ins and other time-sensitive tasks. I’ve noticed that the issue only occurs when the devices are connected to our company network, which has some firewalls and network filters in place. When I connect the devices to a different network, the issue doesn’t occur. Can anyone help me figure out what’s going on?

Replies (1)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
2 months ago
Marked SolutionPending Review

Hi @Rebecca,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

It sounds like your devices may be having trouble communicating with an NTP server, which is responsible for synchronizing the time of your devices with a remote server. In order for your devices to communicate with the NTP server, they need access to a specific network port (UDP/123).

Android devices typically require access to an NTP server via port UDP/123 during provisioning. However, this setting can be changed by the device manufacturer (OEM).

Based on what you’ve described, it’s possible that your company network is blocking access to this port, which would prevent your devices from communicating with the NTP server and setting the correct date and time. You may need to check with your network administrator to confirm whether access to this port is blocked or not.

If you need more assistance or have any questions, please reach out!

Cheers,
Eden Pierce
Hexnode UEM