Agent and MDM protocol-based actionsSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 months ago

Hey there,

I can’t execute a script using the Execute Custom Script remote action on my Mac. It’s stuck in the pending status in the Hexnode portal. However, the Scan Device action works fine. Am I missing something?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 months ago

Hi @damaris,
Make sure the Hexnode agent app is installed. I had a similar problem once, and that turned out to be the issue.

Participant
3 months ago

Yeah, I think that’s the case for me too. My device is enrolled in Hexnode, but the Hexnode Agent app isn’t installed. First of all, how do I install the agent app? Do I need to disenroll and enroll my device again? And second, if the cause was the agent app, why is the Scan Device action working? Both are remote actions, right? 

Hexnode Expert
3 months ago

Hi @damaris

Thank you for reaching out! I’d be happy to help. 

It looks like the issue you’re experiencing with the pending status for the “Execute Custom Script” action is indeed related to the Hexnode Agent app not being installed on your device, as @Shawn Hafuldale mentioned. The Hexnode Agent app is essential for executing certain remote actions, including Sync Local Accounts, Execute Custom Script, Create User Account, and Broadcast Message. These actions rely on the agent app to function correctly. 

On the other hand, actions like Scan Device are MDM protocol-based and do not require the Hexnode Agent app, which is why they work even when the agent app is missing. 

To resolve this, you don’t need to disenroll and re-enroll your device. If the Hexnode Agent app is not present or has been unintentionally uninstalled from the device, you can reinstall it from the portal In the Hexnode UEM portal, from the Manage tab, select the desired device and navigate to Device Summary > Enrollment details, then click on the refresh symbol next to the Hexnode UEM App installed status. 

After the app is installed and set up, the “Execute Custom Script” action and other agent-dependent actions should work as expected. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. 

Cheers, 
Eden Pierce 
Hexnode UEM