Blocking Unwanted Notifications and Pop-ups on iPhone & MacSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 days ago

Hey, I keep getting random notifications from some apps on my iPhone. Any way I can control which apps send me notifications?

Replies (6)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
1 day ago

Hello @luuk,

Thank you for reaching out. Hexnode offers a policy that enables you to manage notification settings for specific apps on iOS devices. Please follow these steps to adjust notification settings:

1. Log in to your Hexnode UEM portal.
    2. Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a name and a description(optional) or modify an existing policy.
    3. Proceed to iOS > App Management > App Notifications and select Configure.
    4. Click +Add Notification Settings.
    5. Choose the desired application, then uncheck the Enable notification option to stop notifications.
    6. Finally, click Add.

For further details, you can refer to our help documentation titled How to configure App Notification settings on iOS devices.

In our configuration profile repository, we have a sample profile available to manage app notification settings on macOS devices. You can deploy this profile to macOS devices through Hexnode’s Deploy Custom Configuration feature.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Elleanor Lane,
Hexnode UEM

Participant
1 day ago

Thanks for that! Also, is there a way to stop the annoying Safari pop-ups on both my iPhone and Mac?

Participant
1 day ago

Hey @luuk, I got you covered on the iPhone part! Here’s what I did to block pop-ups:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Go to Safari.
  3. Toggle Block Pop-ups on, and you’re good to go!

As for your Mac… not too sure about that.

Participant
1 day ago

Hello @luuk, I can help with the Mac! Here’s what you gotta do:

1. Open Safari on your Mac.
  2. Click Safari in the top-left corner, then hit Settings.
  3. Jump to the Websites tab, scroll to Pop-up Windows, and set the pop-up settings for each site, or block them all.

P.S: If websites keep bugging you asking permissions for notifications, head over to the Notifications section (same tab), and uncheck Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications.

Hope this helps!

Hexnode Expert
15 hours ago

Hello @luuk ,

Hexnode offers a feature to block Safari pop-ups on iOS devices. Here’s how you can configure this restriction:

1. Log in to your Hexnode UEM account.
  2. Go to Policies > iOS.
  3. You can either create a new policy by clicking New Policy and providing a name and description (optional) or choose an existing policy to edit.
  4. Navigate to iOS > Restrictions > Basic, then click Configure.
  5. Under Allow Application Settings, locate Safari, and select the option Block pop-ups.

This should prevent Safari pop-ups on the targeted iOS devices. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Participant
12 hours ago

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions. This really helped!