Issues with password after macOS 14.6 updateSolved

Participant
Discussion
1 week ago

Hey everyone, I’ve noticed that since updating to macOS 14.6, a lot of the devices are having issues with the passcode policy. It takes a long time to lock and unlock them. I’ve upgraded to the latest version, but the problem is still there. When I remove all profiles from one of the affected devices, it works fine. Interestingly, a device with the same OS version that isn’t enrolled works perfectly. Does anyone think this could be due to the enrollment, or is it likely a bug in the macOS update? 

Replies (2)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
1 week ago

Hello @Remi I’m facing the same issue, but I don’t think it’s due to enrollment. My computer has been managed by my IT department for almost three years now, and the locking/unlocking was always smooth. However, right after I updated to Sonoma 14.6, I started to experience this slowness. I agree that it might be connected to the profiles implemented by the MDM service. it has definitely been caused by the 14.6 upgrade.  

Participant
7 days ago

Hello all! 
I noticed that many people are experiencing the same issue. When I faced this problem, I tried a command that worked instantly for me. 

sudo dscl . deletepl /Users/$USER accountPolicyData history”  

Try running this in the terminal, this could help you guys as well.