Setting up home page for edge and chromeSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 weeks ago

Hey there, 

I tried to set the homepage and new tab page for Chrome and Edge using the Deploy Custom Configuration feature. The new tab configuration is working fine for both, but when I click the homepage button, it opens the same URL that’s been configured for the new tab page. I’m confused as to why this is happening, and I’m pretty sure that the configuration profile to set the homepage is correct. Here are the two profiles I used: 

Chrome: –

Edge:-

Replies (7)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 weeks ago

Hello @verbnigge
I’ve gone through the profiles. Try adding the “HomepageIsNewTabPage” key and set it to false to see if it works:  

Participant
3 weeks ago

Now it works fine for both browsers; the configured URLs are opening for the homepage as well as the new tab page. Was the homepage set as the new tab page by default? The thing is, I never set it that way. 

Participant
2 weeks ago

Yes, this option is enabled by default for both browsers, which is why you encountered the issue. Glad to know that it’s now sorted out! 

Participant
2 weeks ago

Thank you, @smedt! Also, is there a way to configure these browsers so that a specific set of URLs will open on startup? 

Participant
2 weeks ago

That is possible! You can use the “RestoreOnStartup” key and set its value to 4, then add the needed URLs under the key “RestoreOnStartupURLs”: 

Participant
2 weeks ago

Quick question: What does the value ‘4’ represent? Is it the number of URLs that can be opened at startup? 

Participant
1 week ago

Actually, the value does not indicate the number of URLs that can be opened at startup. The RestoreOnStartup key is used to determine the browser’s behavior at startup. For example, setting the value to 1 will restore the last session, while 5 will display the new tab page. Similarly, a value of 4 will open the specified list of URLs. I hope this clarifies your doubt!