PoliciesSolved

Participant
Ideation
3 days ago

I think it would be extremely useful if in the criterias of Policies you could add the “Type” identifier in Hardware Info. Like this I could seperate iPhones from iPads

Replies (2)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
20 hours ago

Hello @kevin_rios,

Thank you for reaching out to Hexnode. We appreciate your valuable insights on the workflow.

Hexnode has recently rolled out a new feature called Deployments, which provides administrators with an option to filter their policy targets based on the device type. But, before you get started, please ensure that your Hexnode UEM portal is running on the latest version.

To create a deployment, follow the steps below:

1. Log in to the Hexnode portal.
  2. Navigate to Deploy > New Deployment.
  3. Choose a platform and provide basic details for the deployment. In your case choose iOS. Click Next in the top right corner to proceed to the Actions page.
  4. On the Actions page, choose to Associate Policy and select the policy you want to associate with your devices.
  5. Upon clicking Next, you can schedule your deployment on the Settings and Schedule page.
  6. On the next page, you can configure target filters, allowing you to decide which groups to include or exclude from policy deployment.
  7. Select a group where all your desired devices are added under included groups.
  8. On this page, if you scroll down to the bottom, you will find a filters section.
  9. By clicking on “+New Filter,” you can choose from different columns to apply filters based on devices, users, network, and device status. In your case, you can choose the column as ‘Device type’ under Device, set the comparator to ‘Is,’ and select ‘Tablet’ from the values. click Next.
  10. On the final page, review your deployment settings and click Save.

Using deployments, you can create more customized filters to differentiate your iPads from your iOS devices while assigning policies.

To learn more about deployments, please refer to our help documentation.

You can reach out to us if you have any more queries; we would be happy to help. Feel free to express your ideas using Hexnode Connect.

Regards,
George
Hexnode UEM

Participant
4 hours ago

Hello!

That sounds perfect.

How can I make sure my MDM Portal is running the latest version?