Profile-based user enrollment: support deprecationSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 weeks ago

Hey guys! I heard Apple has stopped profile-based user enrollment on iOS. Now, for User Enrollment, you have to sign in with a Managed Apple Account in Settings. Is that true? And will this mess up how I enroll iOS and macOS devices in Hexnode UEM?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
2 weeks ago

Hey @luke! Yeah, it’s true. Apple officially dropped support for profile-based user enrollment in iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and macOS 14 or later. They’re switching over to Account-Driven User Enrollment. I’m not sure if Hexnode’s going to support this new method yet though, now that profile-based is gone.

Participant
2 weeks ago

Wait, so does this mean we can’t download the profile from our UEM and install it through the settings anymore? Is that what’s happening? Some of the Apple devices at my company, like iPhones and iPads, are enrolled in Hexnode UEM via profile-based enrollment, and I’m planning to update them to the latest OS versions soon. Will this change in enrollment affect the devices that are already enrolled? Do I need to re-enroll them after the update, or will everything continue to function as expected? Any idea on this?

Hexnode Expert
2 weeks ago

Hey everyone! Yup, you guys got it. Apple stopped supporting profile-based user enrollment last year, and this change is now reflected in iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and macOS 14, or later.

@amelia, no need to worry. Devices that are already enrolled in Hexnode UEM will continue to operate as they always have, but new profile-based enrollments will no longer be possible. Moving forward, you’ll need to use Account-Driven Enrollment for Apple devices, which requires a managed Apple ID. Hexnode will be rolling out support for this soon, so your Apple devices will be covered.

Hope this clears things up! Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Ben Clarke
Hexnode UEM