Force Google Chrome to open in incognito mode on MacSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 months ago

Guys, I’m looking for a way to force Google Chrome to open exclusively in Incognito mode whenever it’s launched on macOS devices. We need this to ensure all browsing is conducted in private mode to protect user privacy and prevent data from being stored locally.

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

Hello @jayceon ,
Thank you for reaching out. Currently, Hexnode does not offer a feature that directly meets your requirement. In the meantime, you can use the following configuration profile to enforce Google Chrome to open in Incognito mode on macOS devices.

You can deploy the above configuration profile with the help of Hexnode’s Deploy Custom Configuration policy for macOS devices.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact us if you need any further clarification.

Regards
John Cooper
Hexnode UEM

Participant
2 months ago

Thanks for the solution. I have a few doubts about this configuration profile. Will the browser open in Incognito mode every time they close and reopen the app, or will it only open in Incognito mode when the user logs in?

Hexnode Expert
2 months ago

No, @jayceon , the Chrome browser will open in Incognito mode every time the user closes and reopens the app. Unless the configuration profile is removed, the browser will only open in Incognito mode.

If you have any further questions or need more assistance, feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
John Cooper
Hexnode UEM