Why did the device need to be wiped twice during Apple Configurator enrollment?Solved

Participant
Discussion
3 months ago

Hello there, 

I tried to assign my iPhone to DEP using Apple Configurator on another iPhone. I installed Apple Configurator on one iPhone and wiped the other iPhone to enroll it. Of course, I also assigned the Hexnode MDM server. After erasing the iPhone, I scanned the image that appears in the Setup Assistant and followed all the steps correctly. However, the device did not get enrolled in Hexnode. It should have shown the remote management screen to enroll the device, right? But it didn’t. 

Interestingly, when I wiped the device again, it got enrolled. Why was there a need to wipe it twice? 

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
3 months ago

Hello @otis
Thank you for reaching out to us. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. Can you confirm if this device was enrolled in another MDM before? 

Cheers, 
Eden Pierce 
Hexnode UEM 

Participant
3 months ago

Actually, yes, we have been using another MDM before switching to Hexnode. But how does that have anything to do with this?

Hexnode Expert
3 months ago

Hello @otis,

The reason you had to wipe the iPhone twice could be that the initial wipe didn’t completely remove the previous MDM settings, which could have prevented the successful enrollment in Hexnode UEM. The second wipe likely cleared out any residual settings, enabling the device to enroll correctly. 

I hope this clarifies your query. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out. 

Cheers, 
Eden Pierce 
Hexnode UEM