Multiple passcode policies and configuration profiles are associated with macOS devicesSolved

Participant
Discussion
4 months ago

We have a passcode policy associated with our macOS devices, but we accidentally configured another passcode policy for them. There is confusion about which policy is currently active on the devices. Can anyone suggest a way to check which passcode policy is associated with the device?

I’m also concerned that there may be conflicts with the existing policy, or that implementing a new one could cause issue with the devices.

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 months ago

Hello @douglas,

Thank you for reaching out. Regarding the issue you mentioned, there will be no conflicts with any existing policies or issues with the devices if you associate multiple passcode policies with a device. When multiple passcode policies are associated with a device, the policy that is more restrictive will take precedence. For example, if you configure a policy named ‘A’ with a minimum passcode length of 8 characters, and another policy named ‘B’ with a minimum passcode length of 12 characters, the device will consider policy ‘B’ as it is more restrictive than policy ‘A’.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact us in case of any further queries.

Regards,
John Cooper
Hexnode UEM

Participant
4 months ago

Thanks for the information. I need a small clarification what if I associate a configuration profile to set up the passcode on the macOS devices where already a passcode policy is associated with the device?

Hexnode Expert
4 months ago

Similarly, if there are multiple policies and configuration profiles associated with a device, the device will prioritize the more restrictive one, whether it is a passcode policy or a configuration profile.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
John Cooper
Hexnode UEM