Setting up AirPlay on MacSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 months ago

Hey everyone, 

I deployed a configuration profile via Deploy Custom Configuration policy to set up AirPlay destinations on a Mac. Although the profile deployed successfully, the destination device is still asking for a password. 

Here’s the configuration profile I used: 

I’m unsure what’s causing this issue. Can anyone assist? 

Replies (4)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 months ago

Hello @isabis

I noticed a small error in your configuration profile. Instead of using “101” as the Device ID, you should be using your device’s MAC address. You can find the MAC address for your Mac by going to System Settings > Wi-Fi > Details > Hardware. Please update the configuration profile with the correct Device ID and try deploying it again. This should resolve the issue. 

Hexnode Expert
3 months ago

Hello @isabis,
It looks like @emi has already resolved the issue, but I wanted to let you know that Hexnode provides a dedicated AirPlay policy for Mac that can simplify the process. Instead of deploying a configuration profile, you can configure AirPlay directly from the Hexnode UEM portal.

Here’s how to do it:

1. Log in to your Hexnode UEM Portal.
  2. Navigate to Policies > New Policy. Assign a suitable name and description (optional) for the policy.
  3. Go to macOS > Configurations > AirPlay. Click Configure.
  4. To add a destination device to your Mac, click on +Add AirPlay Device. You have two options:
    • Select from Hexnode inventory: Choose the destination device from the list of managed devices and enter its AirPlay password.
    • Enter MAC address manually: Input the MAC address of the destination device in the format ‘XX:XX:XX:XX:XX’ and manually enter its AirPlay password.
  5. Add the policy to the target devices and click Save.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Eden Pierce
Hexnode UEM

Participant
3 months ago

Oh, that’s really helpful. 
I was wondering if it is possible to use the AirPlay policy to allowlist specific AirPlay destinations based on our requirements?  

Hexnode Expert
3 months ago

Hello @isabis,

Currently, we do not have a specific policy to allowlist AirPlay destinations. However, you can use a custom configuration profile to achieve this. You can use the following XML file as a reference:

You can replace the “DeviceID” string with the MAC address of the AirPlay destination device you want to allowlist. Once you have created the configuration profile, you can deploy it to the required devices using Hexnode UEM’s Deploy Custom Configuration feature.

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Eden Pierce
Hexnode UEM